lunes, 9 de noviembre de 2009

Pulp - Dishes (Traducción)

I am not Jesus though I have the same initials / no soy Jesus pero tenemos las mismas iniciales
I am the man who stays home and does the dishes / soy aquel que se queda en casa y lava los platos
And how was your day? / y cómo estuvo tu día?
Is that woman still trying to do your head in?/ Aquella mujer sigue tratando de volverte loco?
A man told me to beware of 33 / Un hombre me dijo que me cuidara de los 33
He said,/ El dijo,
It was not an easy time for me/ que no seria una epoca facil para mi
but I'll get trhough / pero pasaré por ella
even though I've got no miracles to show you / aunque no tengo milagros que mostrar

I'd like to make this water wine/ Me gustaria convertir el agua en vino
but it's impossible/ pero es imposible
I've got to get these dishes dry/ tengo que secar estos platos...

I'll read a story if it helps you sleep at night/ te leeré un cuento si te ayuda a dormir por la noche
I've got some matches if you ever need a light/ tengo cerillos si alguna vez requieres alumbrarte
Oh I am just a man/ Oh soy sólo un hombre
but i'm doing what I can to help you/ pero hago lo que puedo por ayudarte...

I'd like to make this water wine/ Me gustaria volver vino esta agua
but it's impossible/ pero es imposible
I've got to get these dishes dry/ tengo que secar estos platos

And I'm not worried that I will never touch the stars/ Y no me preocupo porque nunca tocare las estrellas
'cos stars belong up in heaven / porque las estrellas pertenecen al cielo
and the earth is where we are/ y la tierra es donde nosotros estamos

And aren't you happy just to be alive?/ Y acaso no estas feliz sólo porque estás vivo?
Anything's possible / Todo es posible
You've got no Cross to bear tonight/ no tienes que cargar tu Cruz esta noche
No not tonight... no not tonight... / esta noche no
I am not Jesus though I have the same initials /No soy Jesus, pero tengo las mismas iniciales

2 comentarios:

Conta